Jacqueline Cook, Of Counsel, sums up the key messages from Sullivan’s May webinar.
Geoffrey Wynne considered what financiers could do if things start to go wrong in a trade, export or project finance transaction and asked participants to consider a few key questions:
- could you anticipate a fraud;
- is the financing structure sturdy; and
- could the structure facilitate mis-selling in any way?
With these in mind, the message is clear:
- carry out transaction due diligence before signing;
- monitor the income generating assets throughout the life of the transaction; and
- respect the financing structure.